Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Little Junk In My Trunk

Pal is a word we just don’t use enough… it’s a word that describes the comfy (not comfortable) relationship you have with your teddy-bear and feels like gettin' cozy under your covers on a snowy sunday afternoon or some bullshit like that… anyway, last night I hung out with The Brother.

He’s my Pal. I read the Guardian while he did dishes… in the background we jammed to the CD I just burned him… then we watched Rockstar Supernova (his acquaintance/friend is Storm)... actually watched it together this time instead of calling one another on commercials like the rest of the season.

He’s dating someone new… he called her in the bedroom while I was chilling in the living room… it oddly doesn’t bother me at all… I truly view him in a strictly platonic way, and I’m glad we’re at a point where that’s all good. I even shouted a "hello" to the girl who knew I was over... he's talked about me, but most likely described me as just a "friend," which is true... now.

But then he makes the comment, “I still think you and I are going to get married. I really do.”

Hmm. Interesting. I don’t believe I’ll be able to see him as anything more than a friend. I typically can’t go back once I’ve dated someone. Maybe the occasional bang, but not even that with him… the sexual chemistry in our relationship was just lacking, which is why I initiated a break-up. And now, he's my Pal.

Anyway, we did have one conversation that I’m still pondering. Why do “brotha’s” typically like “thicker” ladies?!?! Clearly our society reveres waif’s and shuns the thicker chics, so why then do brotha’s love them some chunk?

There is the first theory of having grown up with sista’s (yes I’m being totally un-PC as usual) who, he proclaims, having something to hold onto… so it’s like if you’re a military brat who grew up in Japan, and during those formative years all the girls you know are Japanese, so you develop an attraction to solely Japanese women.... so if the majority of women around you while you're in those discovering your cock years all have some extra meat on their bones, then wouldn't you be attracted to them?

So white boys grow up with skinny-ass bitches and learn to love them? Who the fuck decided to put Twiggy on a cover for those white boys to jack-off to? In history, a curvier body denotes fertility, and with propagating being our purpose, don’t you think such traits would prevail?

I dunno’… interesting world where the brotha’s find very thin women genuinely less attractive than those of us bustier ladies. Sometimes it just plain sucks that appearance is so fucking important. Oh the fuck well.

The things we cannot change.

5 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Ambee said...

Sometimes I think that men are actually fine with a little more meat - its the women who are competetive with each other about being thin. Which is lame - and where our society needs to change. I think men respond to what women consider as the ideal. But I also think men don't want twiggy anyway - they mostly want big T&A. And its totally not the heterosexual men choosing those waify models for vogue, its mostly women and homosexual men (I'm sterotyping here, so shoot me). Maxim/Blender girls may be slender, but they're not emaciated, and they ALWAYS have the T&A - more representative of what men want. And I think they'll take a little more chunk for a little more T&A over no chunk, no T&A.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

LASASSY - interesting points... it's definitely a "chicken before the egg" scenario... women are competitive because the men seem to be giving the skinny women attention, but then is that the ideal because women established it by putting it in the media? there are so many speculative answers for these questions that can go back as far as hunter-gatherers... hmm... but as it stands now, men are attracted to the thinner women (except most brotha's)... if you look at online dating under body type, 9 times out of 10 men say they want - slim to athletic build... rarely is a "few extra pounds" (not extra pounds, just a meager "few") ever checked as a yes. bleh!!!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

I totally think you and the bro are not done yet...he is such a good guy and you never know what can happen!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

chicajato - i'm sorry to come crashing down on your dreams of the bro and i reconciling, but i'm 99% sure that those feelings are not there for me. i just know... and it's for several reasons other than the sexual chemistry not being there... he just never kicked me in the ass, ya know? i'm a sarcastic bitch, and i need someone who can both take it and dish it back out.
he is, of course, a wonderful man, and i'm happy to have him as a friend :)

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason models are so skinny (historically anyway) is because it took less fabric to cover them so it was cheaper. Designers were interested in using hangers to drape their designs, literally. And the rest is history. Aren't you glad you're not a hanger? Sorry for the Cliff Claven moment;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home