Wednesday, September 20, 2006

GET A GRIP MISS CURIOUS!

I’m feeling kinda’ in the dumps about boys… there hasn’t been some huge event or anything like that… it’s just the little things that have left me feeling like an idiot… like a dumb girl. Like I apparently am so fucking far off on reading boys… and then I spiral downward because I can’t even believe I let them bother me… so trivial… and I just can’t stop feeling so fucking stupid. So stupid...


THINGS ON MY BULLETIN BOARD AT HOME:

- A Newsweek cartoon, that apparently only I think is fucking hilarious as shit!

A picture of a weatherman standing in front of the camera with his pointer and a map of the U.S. behind him… the map has suns all over it… the cartoon bubble says,

“The earth is no longer in a state of global warming… It is now hot.”

- A handwritten quote that I read in Newsweek when I was in Peace Corps… I didn’t have paper, so I wrote it on some old torn envelope, I believe this is Voltaire:

“I disapprove of what you say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.”

- A card from my little sister… on the front it says:

“ … it was the kind of day that made you want to say big, fat YES to life in general.”



RE: Stingray Post - pissing on the sting is indeed just for jellyfish... for stingrays, one is supposed to put his or her foot (or wherever the sting may have been) in the hottest water one can stand... this apparently neutralizes the sting of the venom, but even this doesn't help much... they say... i unfortunately, was 2 miles away from a car and 45 minutes away from home, so relief wasn't possible for me.... and that fucking sucked ass :) ... the lifeguards told me to keep burying my foot in the hottest sand... this certainly created plenty of work for my dad and his scalpel, trying to scrape out a beach of sand in the gash on my ankle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home