Thursday, September 14, 2006

In Love With People That Will Never Be...

Happening overnight is actually no fun... my blood's not stirring... not at all. Hmm. I need an alternative. I need something difficult. Someone difficult. "the spire is hot and my cells can't feed..." - tori amos

It's not that I wouldn't hook-up with Kansas should the occasion arise... in fact, I hope it does... I'm in need of some emotionless skin on skin. Hmm. Yes, I think over the next few weeks, I'll see if I can make that happen.


In Other News:

There has been one television show that I have, once again, found myself helplessly addicted to... Rockstar Supernova (last summer being Rockstar INXS). It has all the ingredients of being ridiculous fluff: Tommy Lee, old time rockers from G'n'R (a band in which i was once obsessed, oh my god) and Metallica, Brooke Burke... the reality TV guru Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Apprentice, etc)... Anyway, I FUCKING LOVE (PAST TENSE AS OF LAST NIGHT) THIS SHOW!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I JUST FUCKING LOVE ROCK MUSIC... LOVE LOVE LOVE.

AND THIS IS THE BOY THAT I'VE BEEN IN LOVE WITH SINCE HIS FIRST PERFORMANCE ON THE SHOW:



I HEART LUKAS ROSSI

So, he's like half my size (I'm 5'8")... but my god, he's fucking huge and passionate on stage... I had some friends watching this too, and if they ever said something critical of him, I'd jump down their fucking throats... It's an interesting personal observation to see such possessive - obsessive traits in me... okay, not so surprising.

But anyway, I couldn't be more fucking stoked that he won. And here's where I get really ridiculous, I AM TOTALLY GOING TO SEE HIS SHOW IN FEBRUARY AT THE OAKLAND COLISEUM... I think I've convinced the owner of my company's partner (convoluted, i know) to come with me... but even if he doesn't go... I'm going alone!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Dis my movie review, will you?! Well, Rockstar Supernova sucks and everyone on that show is TONE DEAF!!!! How do you like them apples?!!!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

KriKri- it's going to be hard not to end our friendship over this... it's gonna' take some time. I take these things personally... in case you missed the last part of my post "if they said something critical of him, I'd jump down their fucking throats" (this relates to the show in general as well) HERE IS MY LONG CAUSTIC REBUTTLE, HAHAHA (JUST LAUGH THIS REPLY OFF - I NEVER SAID I WASN'T PASSIONATE AND ARGUMENTATIVE):

Your comment isn't that surprising... afterall, you are one to go sit in a corner at a live show twiddling your thumbs and yawning so loudly that no one can hear the music. (that too harsh, sorry!?)

I'd like to reiterate the title of the show ROCKSTAR Supernova... yes, key word being ROCKSTAR...

For instance, Trent Reznor does not, by any means, have an amazing voice... it has been tuned over the years, but that's beside the point... a ROCKSTAR is someone so much more than being on key like those harmonizing singers you like from the 50's... it's an INTENSITY... it's feeling the music, the lyrics... it's the stage presence... a certain intoxicating power... whew. It's someone who can sing a song like, "but i'm a creep... i don't belong here" and seem like they really and truly want to scream to the world how they feel in that moment because he or she means it.

tori amos is in this same category... not an amazing voice... but a fire - firey spirit!!! hearing the sound of her chest pump up and down and the sound of her spitting into the microphone... she's a rockstar.

TONE is not what they were looking for...

How do you like them apples?!?!?!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

oh whoops... i forgot i dissed your movie review. oops. and i hope you know i wrote my reply with a smile on my face, mouthing, "fucking krikri"... in a good way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home