Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An Age Old Question

So there's this guy... we do business over the phone and via-email. We've never met face to face as we're both in-office support. Anyway, we often chat about our weekends and this and that. We've tried catching up with one another at a bar here and there where we'd have friends around, etc. For whatever reasons and lack of true motivation, we never did get together.

Today he just emailed asking if I'd like to go to dinner. The thing is, while I thoroughly enjoy our conversations, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be able to keep up... and I don't mean that I'm fucking brilliant (or perhaps I do, hahaha)... I mean something more to the effect of me being pretty fucking active and schmoozing and boozing and living for today - dreaming for tomorrow kinda' cliche.

He's more of a "sweetie-pie," and I'd probably eat him alive. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm most certainly the type who's interested in men that could potentially eat ME alive... or at least give me a run for my money.

I'm not really the type who can casually "date"... I'm an either I could love the fuck out of you or it's just not happening... and sure, I think we'd have a nice time, but do I really want to move forward with something I know won't go anywhere and then waste his time?

We've corresponded for about 9-10 months now... a bit irregularly, but consistent enough to know a whole lotta' shit about him.

Should I trust my instincts and not proceed? Or should I give the "nice guy" a chance?

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger jen said...

Trust your instincts.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

give the nice guy a chance! worst case: you eat him alive. bfd. he'll learn something from it. as a nice guy, i can't help but root for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home