Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why You Love Miss Curious

You pretty much love Miss Curious because she's insane... because you can tell yourself, "what the fuck was she thinking!??!!" and then you feel much better about your ownself!

What did she do this time? Let's refer to yesterday's post... Clearly, 5th Paragraph and I have had minimal correspondence over the last couple of days... yesterday afternoon, I made an impulsive decision to email him:

um, so getting drunk and high tonight is totally out of the question? with no expectations of anything... of ever even hanging out again... just drinking and smoking tonight? hahaha!!! i know you're trying to be an "adult" after the tooth incident, but doesn't being able to drink and smoke any night of the week denote being an "adult"? nothing more to be read into this... merely a 'who would potentially be down for Miss Curious' corruption'? you see, i'm about to head off to mexico, and i don't drink or smoke around my family (although they know i do both), so i'm trying to get some in before i leave!!! hahaha!

I sent this shortly before I headed out the door... and who do I get a phone call from after work?!?!?! That's right he called and said, "I'm totally down... come over!"

And I did.

And his roommate and his girlfriend were there too... the four of us sat around the table and chatted for a couple of hours... I pulled the same shit I had on our first date where I keep moving further away from him just to see if he'll come to me... and he did. In the kitchen he'd put his hand on my back and give it a little rub.... and later on the couch, he rested his head on my shoulder... rubs and touches here and there, and I just acted like I hadn't noticed a thing...

and then I said, "okay I'm going home now..."

"you don't have to go yet..." he replied.

I stayed a moment longer, but I was going to leave... he walked me down the street to get a cab... put his arm around me... we gave one another big hugs... I turned my face, so there was no option to go in for anything. I felt empowered.

It was just a fun fucking night... good conversation - good laughs... I unfortunately discovered more things that I like about him - I say "unfortunate" because I know he doesn't have "those" kinds of feelings for me... I'm sure he likes me just fine... he wouldn't have jumped when I said let's hang out and acted as affectionately as he did.

I knew I could contact him when I didn't care if he emailed me back... I knew I could see him when I didn't care if that was the time I ever saw him. And today, I'm stoked that we had a great time, as usual, and I'm going to Mexico this Saturday to Saturday (YUP THAT MEANS NO BLOGGING UNTIL AFTER LABOR DAY!!! OH SHIT!!!)... and maybe we'll drop each other a line here or there, but really it doesn't matter... I'm just glad things are cool - were cool.

ANONYMOUS' Comment on "An Age Old Question" - nice guys really do finish last. sad. but true. there are nice girls out there, however. i, unfortunately, am not so nice... not yet at least. hm. but maybe i will give him a chance... I told the "Nice Guy" that we could get together after Mexico... we shall see.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

Dude - what amazing will power. I totally would have jumped his bones. Especially with chemicals involved. Sounds like you both are cool with being friends, which is good.

I used to be a nice girl. I always finished last. Now I'm a bitch and what sucks is that now I still finish last once men figure out that I'm a bitch, they don't like it. I think it's a madonna/whore thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home