Sunday, October 22, 2006

In The Words of Jackie-O

So here's Jackie-O's post, unchanged (w/ the exception of colors and bolds)... thank you sweets :)... and after her entry, I gave my thoughts:

Being asked to guest-blog for this amazing woman is an honor. I’m assuming the purpose of this is to give some third-party insight as to my first impression of Obsession.

Unfortunately, the last time we were at Cheers, Obsession was not there. So, this past Thursday night I was excited to find out if I would finally get the chance to meet the guy that was sweet and caring when Miss Curious got all emotional on him.

As soon as we walk in we stroll straight up to the bar and I do believe that within 5 minutes of being there, he walks over. Introductions are made and then the drinks. So what did I think????

Well, the guy looked tired. He looked older than I thought and also more muscular. He looked like the kind of guy who a couple years back probably rocked out in some grunge band. Maybe it was the hair that gave that impression. It was straight and went a little past his chin. He did have pretty eyes which I noticed he rarely took off Miss Curious.

During the entire night while Miss Curious and I talked about finding one’s path in life, and the tendencies of various astrological signs Obsession seemed to linger. I noticed him checking to see if she needed more water or what-not and if there wasn’t a reason for him to come over…..he’d linger. Just close enough to seem out of place. It was cute. When they conversated about his potential business venture - he didn’t take his eyes off her.

Now what does this mean?? Not sure. I’m rather confused. Miss Curious told me that on more than one occasion he had asked her for her ph# or he had given him hers (I can’t remember which), but the point is he never called nor called her back. She said he was seeing someone now and had been for awhile, but I can tell that there is an interest there. Definitely. Just not sure because of this weird phone behavior. Maybe he’s hot for her, but he doesn’t want to get to close to temptation. Maintaining distance. Reaching out, but then shirking away. He wants to, but it would be wrong. Now is not the time kind of thing.
Either way, when it was time for us to leave….he must have been on break or something because he was gone. He hadn’t even said bye to her. But then again, maybe he was assuming she was going to camp out at the bar because he was working.

I think a substantial reason why Obsession is, well, an obsession is because Miss Curious cannot have him. She’s come so close. Now he’s just dangled in front of her like a carrot. We all want what we can’t have. But then again, maybe if she had him…..she’d still want him but this time even more.

Miss Curious:

I always appreciate another's observations, and of course, I knew Jackie-O's would be interesting and much appreciated! Sooo... Everytime I go in, i do find that he gets less and less cute, and I find myself less and less charmed by a smile that once left me, literally speechless... My response to Jackie-O, which I mentioned that evening as well, is that he and i are now somewhat friends... we have a familiarity with one another, so he'd naturally come over and say hello. I don't know... I suppose it doesn't matter much anymore... it once did, but now I enjoy going to Cheers more to catch up with my favorite female bartender who always has exciting tales of sex and the prospect of love and female empowerment... and plenty o' good laughs :)...... thank you again Jackie-O - you're a badass, and I can't wait to hang out again soon!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

Hey. No problem. It was an honor. We'll catch up as soon as I get back next week!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home