Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Just Some THINGS

-- How is it that I see all these people walking around the city with their white little earpieces listening to their iPods, and I’m completely retarded and can’t get those things to stay in my fucking ears?!?! I try and try to shove them in, but they don’t quite fit. Headphone makers are assholes and no longer make my favorite headphones anymore. Instead, I feel like there’s this exclusive little earphone club in which I’m not a member, and I feel like a complete ass about it… that they all know the secret to getting them in their ears, and I just haven’t been let in on it.

-- How is it that homeless man on the corner has a sweet little number he’s cuddling up to every morning on my walk to work? Homeless guy is getting’ waaaay more action than I am. Fuck him. And I wonder if they got homeless together or if they met on the street… if they’re homeless for the same reason… they seem to have this loving “spooning” relationship… or is he like, “fuck bitch, you’re fucked up… you’re more homeless than me.” I’ve also walked by the motherfucker while he was opening a new thing of batteries for his walkman… and reading a novel. What the fuck?

-- I want these things (SEE BELOW). I want to have enough money to buy these things when I want them. People steal and kill one another to buy “THINGS”… People lie, cheat, steal, murder to go to nice restaurants and have nice cars and buy nice clothes. “THINGS” are a powerful motivation. Sure money equates power, but if you really think about it, we gave money power. Where did we go so wrong? Religion will turn a blind eye if you give the church money… money for wine, goblets, and excessively adorned temples for worship… and money to lure in those little boys. But I too am not without this desire to have things.


This is called the "Bell Song Cardigan"




This candelabra is really called "Did Someone Say Drama?"




Luckily, this is appropriately titled, "Corner Chair" (same company though)




This is the "Jacquard Boatneck"




-- When did people start crazily decorating homes? People buy fake flowers and country wallpaper to make their homes pretty. Being in the real estate business, I’m always hearing these mini-tycoons w/ their gazillion properties picking out the perfect cabinets and sinks and floors and tile and pictures of vintage posters not because they like Orangina, but because that’s what they sell at Pottery Barn. Of course, I do the same… well, at least for my walls I try to purchase things that have meaning or are from some place I’ve been like papyrus from the pyramids or shit like that. But anyway. Sometimes I think at great lengths about how crazy we’ve gotten with our decorating… and I do recognize it’s origins, but really, we’re pretty fucking excessive… and again, I need that goldleaf to decorate my bathroom, so I’ll just go steal it!!! haha!

MASSACHUSETTS:

Of course this decision will be made with much consideration of all factors involved. I spoke with my uncle yesterday… faxed him my resume to have on file. He’s one of those businessmen who “know’s people,” so he seemed optimistic about getting me a job. We also discussed the timing… should I go after the new year or in the spring… lots of things to think about. Most importantly, my grandparents have yet to decide their next moves. Hopefully within a month or two, they’ll have made some decisions. I am leaning toward the move.

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

heeyyyy, what happened to my totally hilarious comment???

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

OMG I TOTALLY hate freaking ipod headphones! try running with those crappy things on! MAC goes crazy with his ear piece - he seriously freaks out about them. kind of funny, kind of annoying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home