Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What Was That Guy's Name I Was Never Gonna' Get Over?

Friday night I went out to a celebratory dinner with LaSassy (congrats on the summer job)… on our way to a nearby bar, I bumped into DV…. For those of you unaware, DV was the catalyst for my very first post… I’d been wanting to break-up with him…it was one of those things where there were a gazillion red flags that I ignored because the sex was so great… like lying about his age (oh my god! RUN if some guy does this to you!!!)… of course, there were good things about him as well, so don’t get me wrong.

Anyway, he ended up dumping me, and I was surprised as fuck and then pissed as fuck and then wanted him back because I always want what I can’t have. At the time, I couldn’t see beyond my bitter reaction to being dumped, so everything seemed like the end of the world, and I didn’t want him… I just wanted him to want me.

In those moments, we never think the hurt’s going to go away. Later down the blog road, I wrote about DV and I meeting up for sex and how I wasn’t that into and he was… and how long before that I wanted him to be in my bed again, but then when I had him there, I didn’t care… and I didn’t even care to have the sort of vindication where he wanted me to want him again… when I bumped into him Friday night, he was like, “oh my god – what are the chances that you’d be walking in at the exact moment I was walking out…” how very girly of him… us girls always seem to be saying shit like that. We said our hellos, and he seemed annoyed that I had one foot in the door – one foot out (literally)… I went home early and got a text message from him immediately saying, “um, that wasut weird good seeing you.” I replied, “oh sorry… I was just tired.” Bleh.

A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my drawers, and I stumbled upon some old journals… in them I wrote about some sorry-ass woes I was having with some boy… and I couldn’t for the life of me remember who the fuck it was I had been writing about.

It goes to show – THIS TOO SHALL PASS


THIS PICTURE IS DEDICATED TO MY LOVING BFF (BEST FRIEND FOREVER, not to be confused w/ LaSassy who is my BCF, BEST CHUM FOREVER):

BFF, THANK YOU FOR COMING OVER, BRINGING BRIE, VEGAN BREAD, HUMMUS, AN APPLE, AND WATCHING NATIONAL LAMPOONS CHRISTMAS VACATION ON MUTE WHILE LISTENING TO TORI AMOS' COVER OF LOVESONG... "WHENEVER I'M ALONE WITH YOU, YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I AM FUN AGAIN..."

I HOPE YOU KNOW WHY I'M DEDICATING A PICTURE TO YOU (UM, APPEASE YOUR MYSPACE ISSUES, HAHA)

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you bff....you TOTALLY appeased my myspace issues. nice work lovely lady : )
this post is also helping me think about the wonderful indifference that will be when i really do get all the way past feeling sad regarding "men's pocky".
you are the best.
love you, bff

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

umm so what am i?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home