Friday, March 16, 2007

Exhaustion

It's Friday night... it's late, late enough. Knowing I was going on vacation tomorrow for a week, I pretty much decided to run myself into the ground this week.

Monday: Monday Night Dice where iBartender and I flirted in each other's mouths... went home and had an amazing conversation with Kansas.

Tuesday: Went to Trivia Night with LaSassy. She made it out to Monday Night Dice, so I showed my support and partook in the Pop-Culture Trivia Night

Wednesday: Nine Inch Nails CD release party at Slim's... I was fortunate enough to call in a favor and get me and 2 friends into the event before it started... even before the Live 105 VIP winners, yeay! I'm soooo excited for this CD to come out next month!

Thursday: Drinks and dinner with a colleague (she doesn't work in my office, but we send her business)... she expensed the first half of the night... and where oh where did we go next?!??! Cheers. About 2 months ago, when I was last there, he was discussing a business venture with me... it was actually something I knew quite a lot about... I wanted to check-in and see how things went. My friend and I found a spot at the bar... he took our drinks and moved them to his section, "this way I can bug you more," he quipped. We then discussed the problems with his transaction... She and I both knew we could at least give him some guidance.

We told him the next day we'd follow-up with a couple of things... I told him to let me do this because for the past 3.5 years, he's been buying me drinks and food, rather giving them to me... I said, "just let me help you with this... you've humored me and helped me... I have yet to do anything for you."

"I wouldn't say you haven't done anything for me," he laughed. Of course this reference was to a blow-job I gave him a couple of years ago.

Not really thinking I said, "well, that was just a second." I meant that it was so long ago and only one moment in time that I felt like it didn't really count anymore.

He naturally replied, "Oh thanks."

I back peddled. He chuckled.

Anyway, he reads my number from his phone... and tells me he's going to call me tomorrow (that'd be today)... I "ppsssh" whatever that sound is that means, "right, I'll believe it when I see it" kinda' thing... even though this was a business matter, I was still very skeptical he'd call... but he did seem so sincere.

I did kinda' think he was going to call... but then, he's done this to me so many times... say he was going to call and never call... and these would be situations where I never even asked him to call... he voluntarily would say so. Just like last night... again though, this was business, so it was different.

At the end of the evening, he walks around the bar... and soooo oddly kisses me on the lips... or maybe I kissed him on the lips... it was just a friendly little relatively moist peck........ we pulled away and looked at each other for a second. But whatever.

Did he call today? NO. I was volunteering to help him, and I even had/have a shitload of info for him... useful info.... but NO phone call. This week I've allowed myself to get jerked around by 2 bartenders... what's my fucking problem? oh well! hahahahaha!

WHATEVER!!!

Friday: crazy work day since I'm going to be gone for a week... then the lovely Green Eyes had a lovely dinner... I was able to meet her significant other, who I got the best vibes from... really good vibes. I'm looking forward to getting to know him.

And now, here I am tired as fuck, hating that I have to wake up at 6 fucking a.m. to catch a flight... but really, I can't complain... it's a flight to good-times.

Which leads us to where I'm going... my parents, my little sister, aunt and I are going on a Carribean Cruise... the last cruise I did with them was the Western Carribean, and now we're doing Eastern.

I'm so looking forward to being in the water every single day, yeay!!! flip flops every single day, yeay!!! and having a total DETOX... I've been so hard on my body... the circles under my eyes are moving down my cheeks... I got two pimples... I have rosey cheeks and the occasional blemish, but this week bred two substantial, bonafied pimples. Fuck me. DETOX - DETOX... and everyone thinks that I'll be drinking up a storm in paradise, but I've probably drank in front of my parents a few times..... like a few times meaning I can count them on one hand... and this includes my entire life.

Anyway, DETOX... sunshine... books... music... sand... family... new cities... clear water......... can't wait!!!!

Well, this means I won't be in touch until Monday or Tuesday of the following week, 3/26ish?

LIVE IT UP FOLKS

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

sad you are gone but I know you are loving detox!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home