Friday, March 02, 2007

What's Your Scent?

I'm testing 5 perfumes right now. I've started to exhaust all the scented lotions from Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret, so I decided to go the perfume route. I haven't done perfume since Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth.

Each day I wear a new scent and have my co-workers rate it on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 being the best.

Here's the list:

1. Burberry - The Classic
2. Bvlgari - White Tea
3. Vera Wang - Sheer Veil
4. Carolina Herrara - 212
5. Ralph Lauren - Romance

I've only done 2 thus far... Burberry and Bvlgari. The Bvlgari's out, and the Burberry is a strong contender.

This whole perfume world is actually quite fascinating... everyone has their scent... I hadn't realized that there were so many people out there that have been using the same perfume for years.

I'm so eager to find out which is my own scent.... which mixes well with my own body chemistry. Yesterday, I wore the Burberry, and I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. A good sign.

We shall see.

And oh, a total shout-out to Sephora whose sale people knew I was only going to get samples this time 'round and still went through practically every fucking scent with me... they were amazing!!! Apparently they have this amazing return policy too... so this is just my huge plug for them. They were patient with my fucking indecisive attitude... put up with me like a good parent would for his or her children.


THIS WEEKEND:

Have another Noise Pop show tonight, State Radio. Going with Chicajato again (we did Cold War Kids last Friday)... we had a blast, and I imagine we will again this evening... hopefully. Saturday and Sunday will actually be mellow... I'm completely stoked... I'll probably take my new bike for a spin... feel the wind on my face... glide across the city.

Quick Side Note (or not so quick, really) - Speaking of Noise Pop (the SF indie music, art, & film 6-day festival), I was extra proud of myself for having gone to the opening night show this past Tuesday (yes, that means 3 shows in 8 days)... It was a free show, but you had to put your name on the list a couple weeks ago... You weren't guaranteed a spot either, so I had to go early and wait in line all by myself for over an hour... then I had to wait out several opening bands... and the in between time before Tapes N' Tapes went on... Typically for shows in which I go alone, I sneak in right before my band goes on, so I'm not standing around alone forever.

The extra proud part comes from the fact that I was totally okay with being alone... I mean it's been cool w/ shows thus far, but this was a true test.

I always knew I was a pretty independent chick, but over the past year, I've really come into myself... if that makes sense... like I've said many times before, I just enjoy boppin' around town in my little life... my little independent lovely life.

4 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

Oooh, I love perfume shoppin - and I LOVE Sephora and their samples! Aren't they the best?
I've been through a few perfume phases myself, from ckOne to Armani "Lei"... Now I'm very into Stella McCartney - I love the scent and I got it in a really convenient little rollerball stick that I can take everywhere. I also love Prada and have almost used up my Sephora sample of it! :)

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is Michael Kors Eau de Parfum.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger jen said...

I love Chanel, "Mademoiselle". It's hard to find a good scent, so many of them either smell like Old Lady or else like 5 Year Old Trying to Play Grownup.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

mine is miracle by lancome - cheap but i love it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home