Sunday, May 20, 2007

Crazy on So Many Levels

Last Thursday night, big surprise, I found myself once again at Cheers. Sometimes it's just nice to say what's up to Obsession, and he always hooks me up with free top-shelf alcohol. Since he cheated on his girlfriend with me over a month ago (please note: it was unbeknownst to me, I assumed they'd broken-up, I really did), I naturally thought less of him.

I went there thinking I could easily sit on my high and mighty chair now acting above his immoral self.

But then, the second I see him, I'm fucking putty?!?! Ridiculous.

But then, he comes over and literally starts giggling... like he was a giddy high school girl. He really did.

Then I started giggling.

It was stupid. Silly stupid.

And so how the fuck is it that after all these years I still have this crazy attraction to him? I mean, I've had crushes on guys before that I've continued to see over the years, but after a while, it turned into a what the fuck was I thinking?!?!

I've had boyfriends, flings, dated whatever over the years, but everytime I go back there, there's still just a little something.

Anyway, Obsession and I decided to take a shot together, and I saw him drinking more that night than I'd ever seen... I made a comment, "wow, you're really throwing them back tonight."

He stopped and commented, "well yeah, tonight I'm going home to have 'the talk' with my girlfriend. She's moving out by the end of the month."

"Yeah right... I've heard that before."

"Come back next month, and you'll see."

I just rolled my eyes. Because even if he does, it doesn't mean anything. I mean why do I care? Hm.

So yeah, I'll always have an attraction to him, and maybe I'm writing about him or care more right now because I have no one else to think about... so really, who cares - I shouldn't care... and he's made me feel like an idiot over the years.

Whatever.

OTHER NEWS:

Okay, yeah... I'm totally psycho in other ways... I just bought tickets to Smashing Pumpkins for 4 nights. Ahh. But there's good reason... A) They're playing at the fucking Fillmore, small and awesome venue, B) You can only buy 2 tickets per show, and 2 friends wanted to go with me, so I was going to go with each, C) I personally wanted to go opening night, and neither could go that night, so that was going to be my third show... but then, after all 8 shows sold out it 5 minutes (if that long), another show went on sale, and it was earlier than the first night... so I was pissed because the whole reason I got tickets on a Sunday night was because it was the first... then, I naturally had to buy a ticket for that show too... and now I'M OFFICIALLY PSYCHOTIC!!!

And just now, they've added 2 more shows that preceed what I once again thought was opening night... but I just can't do it... because they're cracking down on scalpers, I can't sell my other ticket, so I'm missing opening night... and I'm pissed ;-).

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. And FYI - no, they're not playing the same songs every night.

So I'll continue being Miss Crazy Curious.

3 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

OK, I'm sorry, but Obsession sucks. He's getting DRUNK to go have "the talk" with his girlfriend??!? Even if she's a dumb bitch, that's SO NOT OK!!!
Also, you are a crazy Pumpkin lady. I wish you could have come to visit me when I still lived in the EV, James Iha lived around the corner and I used to see him all the dang time!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

KriKri - there are a million things wrong with him, but for whatever reason, I'll always have a lil' attraction to him... to his personality... it's not going to go anywhere anyway... it's just a weird imperfect crush ;-)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

A "weird imperfect crush"? Wouldn't know anything about those...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home