Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Every Chick Does This...

If guys knew what went on in a woman’s head, we’d all be single for the rest of our lives. Spawned from a pre-movie music video of Natasha Bedingfield, me and the ladies have all been admitting what goes on in our crazy little heads when we start or are dating someone… basically, we have ourselves married off to the guy before the first date.

A friend recently admitted that she even envisioned her and “whatever guy” on cruises together (cruises?). I had to admit that I’ve had weekend getaways with my bartender crushes… honeymoons (to Bali) with guys I’ve been on one date with… children with a guy I’ve had one intense conversation with at a bar… dinners with his family and my family… and all in the very beginning stages of dating someone or again, maybe we haven’t dated, but I’m psycho-fantasy girl… and oh, I often picture me and some dude turning down our bed… talking about our days… and I’d wonder how his voice would sound after “knowing” each other for years and years.

And we ALL do it… ALL ChickKind envisions this crazy shit… that’s why we all related to Bridget Jones when she hooked up with Daniel Cleaver, like once, and already visualized the wedding – even the fucking toast.

I wonder if guys do this? Now that's a good question.

Anyway, here are some of those lyrics:

I Wanna Have Your Babies
- Natasha B.

Trust me it would scare you if you knew what was goin' on in my brain
Trust me it would scare you that I've picked out the church, all the schools, all the names
If you knew it was all about you, every wish
Every candle, every coin in a fountain

Trust me it would scare you...

Gonna button my lip

So the truth don’t slip
Gotta beep out
What I really wanna shout
Woops Did I say it out loud
Did you find outI wanna have your babies
Get serious like crazy

MONDAY NIGHT DICE / iBARTENDER:

Guess who’s working back at the Monday Night Dice Bar?!?!?!? That’s right. iBartender. It was the first thing Tall K told me this morning… with a little smirk on his face… and just now a little quip, “I bet you’re excited.” Whatever!!! I have NO intention of falling back into that dead-end-of-a-stupid-unreciprocated-crush. But, interesting news nonetheless.

10 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

This is SOOOOOO true - CRAZY true! I dated Jackson for 2 weeks but already had our wedding planned out - it would be on the beach of course, his dad's band would play, for some reason I pictured myself pregnant in a simple, empire-waisted, floor length gown, w/ tropical flowers in my hair. Yeah. PSYCHO!!! But, really they're only thoughts. As long as ChickKind doesn't go around actually telling their dates about each little detail of their fantasies, I think we can keep the boys all fooled...

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Oh and ALSO just to prove that I'm completely insane, "every wish, every candle, every coin in a fountain" plus every shooting star and stray eyelash has been about M for the past year and a half... um yeah.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

KriKri - it's quite all right... everyone does it... well, all the ladies at least, haha. I do wonder how many coins in a fountain were from ladies wishing about dudes... I'm sure a whole-fucking-lot.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

geez! it's scary how true this is and how well you managed to articulate it. It's totally biology.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. I just started doing this with a new guy. Right now I'm stuck on what city we will live in to raise the family... :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger jen said...

I sure am glad to find out it's not just me that does this. I personally have us walking on the beach holding hands, with a little toddler (always a boy) on top of his shoulders.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what does this do to us? To have all of these hopes and little images? I remember doing all that with IceMan and man - it was rough when it didn't play out like I thought it would. Why do we do it and how do we stop :)?

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Actually, I find that if the guy is very new and it ends quickly, the daydreams disappear almost as fast as they appear... Then they transfer over to my next crush.

But like I wrote before, I think it's just biology. I think we're pre-programed to daydream like this. The question is, what's the male equivalent? What do guys immediately daydream about upon meeting someone? I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that...

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

Guys daydream about having sex with almost every girl they see. I have had a number of them confirm this. I do this to at - ahem! - certain times of the month. But guys do this all the time.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Dave said...

"I wonder if guys do this?"

No.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home