Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Do I Detect Optimism?

There’s something about wearing black eye-shadow that gives a girl some serious confidence. Friday and Saturday nights I had this serious confidence. I had those moments at a bar where you suddenly pause and see through the cloud of smoke and your vodka tonic goggles focus and you realize you’re stoked to be where you are with the people who are there… and the music that is playing.

Yes, not one but two nights of good times… not to mention some serious moving and shopping… I used every last bit of energy I had in my heart and my soul. Good move – good peeps – good fun.

And this coming weekend, oh shit, off to Vegas for all of this all over again and I couldn’t be happier…. And happy with no boys nor the prospect of any… just happy to know the folks that I do and have the opportunities that I have… and to for a few moments realize that hey, I’m okay… in fact, I’m fucking rad… and thanks to whatever force I can’t understand for bringing me these rad times.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so RAD and I'm SOOOO happy that I get to spend this upcoming weekend with you in Sin City! Get ready for fun!

Love,
Anye

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing what the black eyeshado/liner does for the confidence. I love it!!

Glad you had good times -- can't wait to see you and have more good times in Vegas!

And you are not just rad, thanks to Lynz, you are Aprad!

--Laura

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ambee said...

I felt the same way this weekend. I felt hot in my gold shoes and sexy shirt on Friday, and I felt equally hot in my t-shirt and converse on Saturday. Dancing was awesome!!!

Can't wait for Vegas.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I have said many times, you are the BEST - glad you realize it! See you Friday A.M. :)
Linz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home