Friday, November 11, 2005

Threesomes Are The Way To Go!

When men shake hands, they pseudo-nonchalantly check out a woman’s chest. When Miss Curious shakes a man’s hand, she nonchalantly checks out his shoes. Last night with MySpace Guy, I checked out his shoes and knew that he’d have to have a winning personality to overcome them.

He didn’t really look like his photo, but nor did I. Once we acclimated to the other person’s demeanor, me, Green Eyes, and MySpace Guy all proceeded to chow down on some Indian food. I was more than thankful Green Eyes was there because he was a bit quiet. At the end of dinner, I looked down to see that my entire bowl was still full. Clearly, I’d been talking the whole time.

He wasn’t very engaging. Green Eyes and I asked most of the questions. He was always receptive, but there were moments of silence until she or I would ask something new.

He laughed at most of my jokes, which I of course loved. It could be that he’s a wake n’ baker / stoner / toker, and to him, everything’s funny… but I’d like to think it was me. Surprisingly we all enjoyed the conversation enough to carry it over to Delirium for a drink. MySpace Guy kindly bought his 2 dates drinks, which was sweet. Did I want to throw him down and fuck the shit out of him? Nope. And that’s a question one has to ask on a first date. Maybe not the “fuck the shit” out of a person, but “can I picture this guy sucking my tits?” If the answer is indeed “no,” then hm, forgo the second date???

And yeah, he and I had a lot in common... as I'd known from his profile and as was evident from our conversation... connecting with someone, however, isn't necessarily having so much in common, but rather having a chemistry and a desire to overcome differences and to explore one another... to be open to one another... and you never know who he's going to be. He could have bad shoes. He could be anyone. But...

Ultimately, the answer is:

d) He’s cool, and we have some drinks, but we all go our separate ways

Unfortunately, it’s all a bit anticlimactic. But that’s one down, one to go. I’ll start searching for the next victim now! and by the way... everyone should do the Threesome Date... so much less pressure, ahh.

The Brother:

And then when i got home to my empty studio, all i wanted to do was call The Brother. And it's not necessarily him, but more the comfort of me wrapped in his warm hooded 'juice' sweatshirt. I just wanted to sink into it and say that i'd never have to date again...

Living Situation:

First off, thanks for the numbers and support… you’re all my favorite word, RAD. Yesterday evening, I took my letter of complaint (please note that it’s the first ever in 6 years of city living) to my landlord. I went into his store and handed the husband the letter. The wife comes out and tells me to hang on a minute.

“Miss Curious… have you had any noise issues with your neighbors? I hear they’re loud?”

“Oh yes, actually, that’s what the letter is about.”

“I knew it… I told them not to have late night visitors and if a couple’s moving in there to be conscious of their noise… I told them all of this before they even moved in.”

Later that evening, the husband landlord called me… he gave me his cell number and told me to call at anytime, in the middle of the night, whenever, and he’ll take care of it. He told me that he’d worry about it for me.

So YEAY… I can’t believe they were so receptive. I felt entirely too nervous about complaining. I don’t want to be difficult, ya know!?!?!

7 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger jen said...

thanks for the update! glad to hear it went well. And you're right...it's all about the chemistry, so if it's not there it doesn't really matter if he's cool or what kind of shoes he's wearing.

So happy that your living situation is going to get better. You are pretty chill and relaxed, so it must have been getting REALLY bad for you to be so fed up...which I'm sure your landlord knows and appreciates.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But can you really judge chemistry on a first date?

Back to the Such a Fuss... when you have built up all this anxiety and expectation, it seems to me it might cloud some chemistry...

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

ANONYMOUS - good point... but i'm pretty certain the chemisty isn't really there... totally sweet guy, but i don't think he could really challenge me... i need a kick in the ass, ya know? hmm. also, GREEN EYES observed and mentioned that he didn't seem like my type... but was definitely nice enough.

he put the ball in my court... saying,"hey, email me if you'd like to go out again" kinda thing... i said, "oh sure!"... if he overwhelmingly wanted to go out again, i'd probably go... but i don't think i'll really pursue it.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger jen said...

Re. Green Eyes comment about how different they are:

Sometimes opposites attract. Or rather, sometimes it is nice to have a really different personality from your partner. IF (and it's a big IF) the differences serve as complements and make each person better or balance the relationship.

I do recall vaguely that MissCurious' ex that she lived with was very quiet. As is/was Karl.

just some thoughts for a dreary friday afternoon.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

I am so proud of you for your threesome:)

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

j-do- i was quiet? seriously? perhaps initially, yes, i had a modicum of intorverted apprehensiveness as do most people, however miss curious and i parted for a myriad of other reasons.. just ask her and she'll tell you all about the main one.. hahaha... and miss curious, perhaps a factor in the guy being shy was the third party involvement; it naturally would preclude the outgoing type on a first date and eliminate the dyadic structure conducive to date conversations in general..but then again, my humble opinion is that she is repelled from extraverts... crap.. it's hard to type with a beer in your hand. i need one of those hats with the holders and straw thingies.... errr... hey.. take it slow curious.. you're still a beautiful young woman...
-karl

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

That's so AWESOME. [Not the 3some date thing] Glad you got alll of that sorted out.

I hear ya about checking out the shoes thing though. That's a definite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home