Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I've Been Waiting For This Moment All My Life

On Monday night, I decided to get a ticket to see the Silversun Pickups at the Independent. I'd been addicted to the song, Lazy Eye. I couldn't listen to the first line enough, "I’ve been waiting… I've been waiting for this moment all my life." While driving to Carmel this past weekend for our company trip, I asked my friends in the car what that line meant to them. Because really, you know that line means something to everyone.

And I'm still thinking about it... "I've been waiting… I’ve been waiting for this moment all my life......." I'll get back to you on what it means to me. In the meantime, think about what your moment is or hope to be.

The show itself was the definition of mediocre... there had been all these Smashing Pumpkins comparisons, and Smashing Pumpkins was my first love... and I thank god that 16 year olds can't get tattoos because I'd be sitting here with a bunch of Billy Corgan shit all over my fucking arms. Anyway, I couldn't pass up hearing a hyped up live band............ and the show was just okay............ the lead singer was a little full of himself... saying shit like, "isn't this venue a little too small?" Get over yourself! And you can't even hold a candle to the Smashing Pumpkins.

Before going to the show, I went to iBartender’s bar for Monday Night Dice, so I could get drunk on happy hour drinks before seeing the Silversun Pickups. As soon as I got there, iBartender informs me that he’s given his two weeks notice. Well, guess I won’t be seeing him anymore. I did get a tad bit sad. Every Sunday night, I looked forward to seeing him the next day… to listening to my tunes on the bar speakers and flirting and the prospect of kisses and sarcastic banter and the exchange of music knowledge.

I suppose in the end, however, he finally made it clear that he wasn’t into me anyway… why, oh why can’t the ones we like oh so much like us back?

Moving on… when I’m bored, I always manage to stir some shit up. Waking up in my swanky Carmel hotel room, I couldn’t help but wish that I had someone there to fuck me in that huge bed… and then again in the huge shower… and then again in the huge separate tub. So, I came home and decided to call Flava Flav to come over and fuck me in my own bed. It was going to take some convincing since I’d told him the previous week that I didn’t want anything serious, and he proceeded to delete me from all of his electronic forms of communication. Of course with my brilliant powers of persuasion, he was over fucking me in a heartbeat.

And shit, he’s great in bed. Fabulous. Amazing. Just a totally sexual guy, who’s not grossed out by anything… but kinda’ your “free for all” dude, which I fucking love!

He’s a sweetheart and wants to see where this could go… but I just see too many similarities between him and Bad-Break Up… where they both say shit like, “it’s none of your business,” when it fucking is my business… and of course, he’s cheated on every girlfriend, and again, cheating’s just my “thing.” (by the way, Obsession’s stock swiftly fell when he told me he still had a girlfriend mid-boob sucking last week – note: my shirt was on, just lifted a bit)

Anyway, Flava Flav and I are going out on a “date” tonight. He really wants to get to know me, and it’s flattering, but again, there are just too many red flags this early on… I just want to have some fun… he knows how I feel… so I’ll just ride this one out… let’s pray that the drama’s minimal.

Oh, also, he’s another super shy guy… all my exes have been super shy guys… that’s one thing I LOVED about iBartender… he was nowhere near shy… he could talk to anyone… I have a lot of different types of friends, hippies, punks, preppies, real adults, etc… I want someone who can easily get along with everyone… someone I don’t have to baby-sit at a party… someone who walks in with me, and we’re these two little powerhouses……. And together, we explode.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my love, my dear MC :),
i'm so bummed that the pickups weren't so great. I really liked them when they opened for snow patrol. the ego HAS to go - what is that about??? that will definintely not score points - a-hole!
as for the boys - enjoy the ride but keep the eyes on the red flags. don't justify them away mmk? because i really know how easy that is to do :).
it's funny because there's that saying "opposites attract" and they certainly do - for a little while. after a while, the shy thing - or whatever the opposite thing is - becomes such a huge divide in the relationship that it just can't get around it. you do have to find yourself a powerhouse and blow people away. you will.
i really miss hanging out with you and want to do so very much when i'm back :).
xoxoxoxooxox

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Dolly said...

"I've been waiting for this moment all my life."

Isn't that from that Phil Collins song, "In the Air Tonight"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home